The International Cellist
DAVE LOEW is an International cellist spanning a forty year career performing in Australia and Britain with his albums selling in numerous countries around the world.
DAVE has played the cello (which became a lifelong love and passion) from the age of six in one of the world's toughest industries, that of a solo performer on commercial records. His many genres of music are drawn from his exotic family legacy of classical, jazz and dance artists. Dave's formative 'cello days were spent in Kenya, his birthplace near the Serengeti plains and the vibrant sounds of animal wildlife, both his parents were show business star personalities in London's West End,who had migrated from a blitzed wartime London to start a new life in Nairobi.
Dave has released several albums; his latest a 3-album budget set THE ART SERIES and ROMANCE OF THE CELLO. Other titles being CHILLED OUT CELLO, AT THE MOVIES, CLASSICAL CELLO, THE BEATLES AND FRIENDS, and 2-CD Set ROMANCE OF THE CELLO.
DAVE has worked with many top London ensembles including the London Symphony Orchestra where Andre Previn acclaimed his solo playing for Previn's world premiere of the musical Every Good Boy. He has also played in numerous, famous recording studios such as Abbey Road ,on major classical and pop albums over the years working with legends such as Elton John, Cliff Richard, Petula Clark, David Essex and opera stars such as Pavarotti, Sutherland and Caballe. He has also played solo 'cello for shows in the West End and Australia, such as Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cats and Song and Dance , for which he was lauded for his solo playing. Extensive playing was also part of Dave's kaleidoscope of experience working for film moguls such as John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, Henry Mancini and Roy Budd on such iconic movies as the original Superman, The Omen, Victor Victoria, James Bond, The 39 Steps, and many more.
Dave was fortunate to study with the Internationally renowned teacher and cellist Christopher Bunting for twenty years in London, while there he also created and marketed his own record label - SAFARI IN CLASSICS in 1999 creating both national fan clubs and sales , which went on to sell several hundred thousand albums in Britain and internationally. Fans include Stella McCartney, Rob Lowe and Edward Fox as well as people from all creeds and walks of life.
Dave has been principal cellist with the Australian Ballet and Opera in Melbourne, the Melbourne Symphony and Sydney Symphony Orchestra. Dave recorded DEBUT his very first solo album in Sydney for Polygram in 1987 which quickly went to Platinum sales and is still in demand today!
After returning to Australia in 2011 he released his Album Collection and undertook extensive appearances nationally which propelled the albums to the top of the best sellers list. Dave has of course given many recitals on radio and in concert, and he retains his love of “core” classical repertoire and plans to record three of the immortal J.S. Bach solo cello suites this year.
Dave Loew's albums are released by FANFARE RECORDS (AMBITION ENTERTAINMENT) in Australia through all good music stores including Sanity and JB Hi-Fi, Fish Fine Music and all good stockists. Dave's album collection is now released digitally worldwide on Apple iTunes, Spotify and Amazon.
In 2018, Dave continues to bring his popular collection to both unorthodox venues such as designer brands and malls as well as concerts and tours with his new and innovative "Pop Up Concerts" in Australian cities. These will prove to be a talking point in the media arts!
Further recordings in the pipeline include the legendary JS Bach solo suites in a tribute to Dave's mentor, the late cello icon teacher Christopher Bunting who himself had studied with the great Pablo Casals, discoverer of the cello suites.
Dave Loew Productions CV
- 2018/19 Dave will continue to develop both new albums, innovative concerts and tours, taking his acclaimed albums across new frontiers and boundaries!
- Dave presented revolutionary Concert Shows in Australia when he created the country's first privately funded professional orchestra THE NATIONAL ARTS ORCHESTRA.
- The NAO was launched at the famous WORLD EXPO in Brisbane in 1988 with an acclaimed performance the IRVING BERLIN 100TH BIRTHDAY CONCERT playing to 12,000 people. This also won the EXPO award for excellence.
- Founded SAFARI IN CLASSICS RECORD Label in Britain with three commercial released albums and current releases.
- Signed up to PICKWICK and POLYGRAM RECORDS, Australia and UK.
Further productions include:
- Produced all his albums
- Formula One Grand Prix Ball in Adelaide
- Sydney Opera House Magic of The Great Classics
- Qantas, Sheraton, Hobart: Phantom of the Opera Ball,
- Powerhouse Museum, Prom Concert
- World Expo Brisbane Irving Berlin Tribute 100th (award for excellence)
- Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast and Hilton Andrew Lloyd Webber Collection